Childhood Education International’s Center for Professional Learning will offer two Refugee Educator Foundations of Practice courses this winter/spring.
These facilitated and cohort-based online courses are designed by and for educators using an asset-based orientation to work with culturally and linguistically diverse students of refugee backgrounds.
Areas of focus will include:
- Setting foundations and making connections
- Building a culturally responsive and sustaining practice that honors refugee and immigrant students and families
- Integrating SEL and trauma-informed practices to foster wellbeing
- Developing curriculum and assessments
- Designing lessons to engage and support refugee and immigrant students
Courses will take place from January 15-April 20, 2024. Two cohorts will be offered — one for K-12 educators and the other for other education leaders who work at the organization level.