- Early Childhood Educators’ Cohort: March 5th – April 29th [registration now closed]
- K-12 Educators’ Cohort: July 9th – August 26th
- Instructional Coaches, Mentors, & Principals Cohort: July 9th – August 26th
This facilitated and cohort-based online course offers educators an opportunity to explore teaching and learning approaches and methodologies ranging from culturally responsive pedagogies to trauma-informed practices to differentiated instruction and Universal Design for Learning (among others). The course is designed by and for educators using an asset-based orientation to work with culturally and linguistically diverse students of refugee backgrounds across the U.S.
Participants will complete practice-based, contextually-relevant activities and mini-projects for each of the seven modules, participate in online discussions, and attend virtual workshops with members of their cohort and their facilitator.
Participants will walk away with:
- a toolkit of resources, including effective, research-based strategies and methods for working with newcomer, refugee, and culturally and linguistically diverse learners
- increased confidence and self-efficacy specific to their work within refugee and immigrant education settings
- a new or wider network and community of educators committed to supporting the academic achievement and well-being of students of refugee backgrounds
Participants in the early childhood and K-12 educator cohorts will be able to earn certificates for 45 PD clock-hours*. Additionally, there are embedded opportunities to apply for four micro-credentials associated with content from this course. Participants in the education leaders cohort will be able to earn certificates for 60 PD clock-hours*.
* Check with your local PD/HR office for requirements related to PD clock-hours.
Participants have the option of also earning continuing education credits through UCSD for a nominal (additional) fee. More details available by visiting the UCSD Extension website here or by contacting our team at email@example.com.