Emerging From Crisis: Covid-19 Guide for Reopening Primary Schools and ECD Programs
A free, self-paced, online mini-course
This mini-course offers information and PRACTICAL guidance from a global perspective to help education leaders as they prepare to emerge from a period of crisis and reopen schools and early care and development (ECD) programs. Education leaders must also balance re-engaging children, parents, teachers and school staff while considering what will be required in order to provide safe and nurturing education environments post crisis.
Who Should Take This Course?
This mini-course has been designed specifically to support leaders in schools and early care and education programs. The mini-course can also assist local and national education authorities to plan for the broader reopening of schools and programs.
All are welcome to engage in this course, but it may be particularly helpful for education leaders—school leaders, early childhood program directors, NGO leaders, head teachers, and others who serve in other key roles to keep children safe and healthy, schools clean, and environments suitable for learning.
The goal of this mini-course is to provide guidance to primary school and early care and education program leaders on reopening safe and nurturing education environments after a crisis.
This course is a free online, self-paced course. You can register and begin this course at any time. On average, this course takes between 3-5 hours to complete and can be completed over multiple sessions. There is no login for the course. Once you register, you can begin the course right away.
A brief survey must be completed at the end of the course. Certificates are available by request.
Through this course you will:
- Understand the importance of personal well-being to be an effective leader during times of crisis.
- Explore how to support children, teachers and staff as they re-integrate into a welcoming school environment after a stressful and emotional closure.
- Learn strategies for communicating with parents to prepare them and their children for the reopening on their school or program.
- Identify important policies and procedures to put into place prior to a school reopening to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all.
- Support a comprehensive education and health planning process as preparations for reopening take place.
For technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Units
CE International provides high-quality training and learning events and is accredited to provide continuing education units (CEUs) by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). https://www.iacet.org/
Some employers, schools, and programs may require you to complete CEUs as part of your in-service or pre-service training. If CEUs are NOT yet required by your school or program, or available in your nation, it is still helpful to acquire them anyway. You can add them to your professional development portfolio and place them on your resume. This shows that you received OFFICIAL CREDIT for the course you took.
The Emerging From Crisis Mini-Course is worth 0.5 CEUs (the equivalent of 5 learning hours). In order to receive CEUs, follow the steps below:
1. Register to take the free course.
2. After finishing the course, take the prompted survey. You will then receive a certificate by email.
3. If you want to proceed with CEUs, there will be a link to pay the CEU fee ($10).
4. You will receive a link by email to take a knowledge check quiz. There will also be a link back to the course in case you want to review the content.
5. If you pass the quiz, you will receive a CEU certificate by email.
6. If you do not pass the quiz, you will receive an email with a link to retake the quiz.