Who Should Take This Course?
All are welcome to engage in this course, but it has been designed specifically for education leaders and educators. The course supports leaders in schools and early care and education programs to build their understanding of the importance of and their role in educating for entrepreneurial mindsets. The micro-course also assists educators in understanding how to approach and implement this type of education.
The goal of the course is to prepare educators and education leaders to identify, design, and implement education activities that help children develop the skills they need to have an entrepreneurial mindset. Children with an entrepreneurial mindset are ready to identify problems and take action to solve them.
This course is a free online, self-paced course. You can register and begin this course at any time.
On average, this course takes between 1-2 hours to complete and can be completed over multiple sessions. There is no login for the course. Once you register, you can begin the course right away.
A brief survey must be completed at the end of the course. Certificates are available by request.
Staff Training Guide
Reopening schools after a lengthy disruption is unlike the beginning to any previous school year. Training sessions and professional development opportunities must be tailored to prepare staff for the challenges at hand. For this reason, we have also provided the accompanying “Guide to Teacher and Staff Professional Development Training Session on Building Entrepreneurial Mindsets.” The guide is designed to assist education leaders who wish to share the ideas from the course with other members of their teams. It provides a variety of activities and ideas for education leaders to steer professional development sessions with educators. Combined, the course and guide provide a remarkable resource to move schools towards an exciting and dynamic approach to entrepreneurship and social change.
Through this course you will:
- Understand the importance of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial mindsets.
- Identify the skills that are part of an entrepreneurial mindset. Learn strategies for communicating with parents to prepare them and their children for the reopening of their school or program.
- Be introduced to the process of building entrepreneurial skills.
- Recognize how to use social entrepreneurship as a learning tool with young children and be familiar with several examples.
- Apply the concept of education for entrepreneurial mindsets in your own education space.
- Develop ideas on how you can encourage education for entrepreneurial mindsets
For technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org