Refugee Educators Foundations of Practice Course, Part II
The Center for Learning Practice (CLiP) has opened Part 2 of the Refugee Educators Foundations of Practice Course for those who have completed Part 1. The course, created by the Refugee Educator Academy, expands upon the rich learning opportunities and immediately useful resources to support refugee/immigrant learners.
Course runs from 16 April – 29 May 2022
Registration closes 9 April 2022.
- Developing Curriculum and Assessments
- Designing for Learning
- Envisioning Next Steps
Participants come away with:
- Strategies & tools to support refugee students’ social, emotional, and academic growth
- Guides & resources for Resettlement Agency education and mentoring programs
- Professional development ideas for district administrators and instructional coaches
- An understanding of language development and strategies for differentiating curriculum for English language learners
- A professional network from around the country
$150 (10% discount for teams of 5 or more)
Clock Hours & CEU/Credit Options
(please check with your district HR about requirements)
- 20 clock hours/CEUs
- Optional: 2 QTR credits available through
UCSD Extension Program (additional fee)
For inquiries regarding the group discount or the UCSD extension program, contact Julie Kasper at [email protected].